We've created this blog in anticipation of the arrival of our first baby. Hopefully through this our friends and family across the pond and all over the States will be able to watch our family grow and get to know baby Melanie.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
The waiting game
Well, last week when I had my dr appt I was told Melanie was a whopping 8.5 lbs! But, I was also told that she would probably be here by this weekend and was going to have a procedure done on friday to help everything along and dr was sure I was a great candidate for it. Turns out Melanie did not come on her own, the procedure was not successful and she most likely will not arrive on her own. Am I really surprised, NO, what about this child has been easy?! She is stubborn (just like her dad). The dr is now saying that I will most likely have to be induced or have a scheduled c-section. I go back in this friday for another ultrasound to see her size and that will determine whether I will be induced on Monday, or have a scheduled c-section for Monday if she is too big. I am ok with her coming out however is necessary and most safe for her. So Miss Melanie will be arriving somewhere around November 7 or 8th. Unless she decided she is ready and surprises us on her own.
In the meantime, here are some pictures of her nursery. It is pretty much finished, but we are still waiting on a few more things that are on backorder. I will post more pics of the finished product once everything arrives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment