Well, this past week has been crazy & busy in our house! We have offiicially moved into our new home, and we are no longer residents of Cannon Avenue. We will miss the old place as we went through a lot there and have a lot of memories. But, we are SO EXCITED to settle into our new home and create lots of new memories. Coal is loving all of the space we have and didn't know what to do with himself the first couple days. I will post pictures once we get everything put away and set up.
I had my Glucose test last week to test for gestational diabetes. After failing the 1 hour test I had to suffer through a 3 hour test which I also failed and was then diagnosed with gestational diabetes :( So I have spent this week meeting with an endocrinologist and a nutritionist, learning to check my blood sugar and to meal plan to keep my blood sugar regulated. I need to regulate it to keep the baby from growing to big and causing problems during delivery and to keep the baby from producing to much of her own insulin and possibly having really low blood sugar after delivery. The good news is, that the Dr says my numbers look good and there is no indication of any diabetes before and I probably won't have it after, it is just a result of the pregnancy. Melanie has also done a number on my feet and ankles, I don't even recognize them anymore! And she gave us quite the scare on friday when I hadn't felt her move for two days. Not feeling her move is VERY unsual, I like to say- she is a spaz just like her dad. We went to the hospital and I was hooked up to a fetal monitor and the Dr said she was just fine. Apparently she was still moving around quite a bit, but was hiding up against my spine, which was why I couldn't feel her. Needless to say, this baby has and continues to be a lot of work, but I know she is well worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment