Wednesday, March 28, 2012

So much to say!

So I was going to wait until after our trip to Scotland to write another blog post, but I already have so much to update everyone on that if I wait until then it would be a super long post. Our trip to Texas was a success! Security was a breeze and Mj was awesome on both the flight there and back. I am totally confident that the Scotland trip will go just as smoothly since it is overnight and considering I'll have Gaz there to help as well. An extra set of hands is ALWAYS useful. Texas was great, I'm so happy I finally got Mj down to meet everyone, it was just a bummer Gaz couldn't be there too. Next trip though, for sure! Everyone loved baby Melanie and she and Calum became fast friends. She even skyped with Christopher and Uncle Tip :)





Melanie also got a little souvenier from Texas, she got her ears pierced! She was sad, but brave and looks super super cute. She already understands "Beauty is pain".



After we got back from Texas we had Melanie's baptism. She was baptised this past Sunday, March 25 at St. Christopher Church (where we were married) and we had a little party afterwards at the Force (where Gaz coaches). It was a very special day.

 Father Chlebo married us and now has baptised baby Melanie.




 Melanie with her Godparents Everett and Stacey.




Yesterday Melanie also had her 4 months appt. She had a few shots and was measured. She is now 15lbs 13 oz and 25 inches long. She is still in the 75th percentile which means she is the same as or bigger than 75% of other babies her age. She is growing well.

I think that is all for now, WOW that was a lot! In one week we will be off for our trip over the pond. We are THRILLED that Melanie gets to meet Gramps and we will also be taking a short trip to London to do a little sight-seeing and to visit with our friends Danny & Emma and to meet their little boy Theo who was borns 3 weeks after Melanie. I'm sure I will have lots to share when we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment